More SmartSolar 250 Volt MPPT models announced
In March we announced the MPPT 250/100 and MPPT 250/85 (shown in the blog headline image with optional plug-in LCD display) – now we can add more 250V SmartSolar models.
The latest in the ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Smart Solar Charge Controller range are the following, available with MC4 or Tr cable connections.
- SmartSolar MPPT 250/60-MC4 Solar chargers (SCC125060310)
- SmartSolar MPPT 250/70-Tr Solar chargers (SCC125070210)
- SmartSolar MPPT 250/70-MC4 Solar chargers (SCC125070310)
- SmartSolar MPPT 250/60-Tr Solar chargers (SCC125060210)
These all cater for a maximum PV open circuit voltage of 250V (under maximum coldest conditions) with a 245V start up and maximum operating voltage. If you are not familiar with calculating voltages for differing temperatures please read the Bob Hopman blog on ‘Matching solar modules to MPPT charge controllers‘ which includes a link to the VE-MPPT-Calc.xlsx spreadsheet.
- Bluetooth Smart built-in: enables set-up and monitoring with a smart phone or
other Bluetooth enabled device.
- Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT).
- Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions.
- Battery Life: intelligent battery management by load shedding.
- Automatic battery voltage recognition.
- Flexible charge algorithm.
- Over-temperature protection and power de-rating when temperature is high.
Further information is available on the product webpage.