Today is an important milestone in our ongoing quest to simplify working with Victron products; whilst not giving up versatility.
VictronConnect can now be used to:
- Configure basic systems: consisting of a single inverter or inverter/charger without needing any Assistants, such as the ESS Assistant.
- Update firmware of our inverters and inverter/chargers that have a VE.Bus communication port, such as Multis and Quattros.
Both features require the use of a MK3-USB. For the full list of requirements, such as minimal firmware versions, see the documentation here.
The features described in this post are powerful tools. They are intended for use by Victron Energy trained Engineers, Installers and Dealers. Their usage must not be attempted by system Owners and Users.
- All inverter and charger settings are available.
- Contextual help and explanations have been added.
- A detailed guide is available.
- In the app is a list of links to all related documentation. Such as the guide above, and also our MultiPlus Generator FAQ.
- From the Virtual Switch, only the Dedicated Ignore AC Input feature is available, and it’s been renamed to AC Input Control
Firmware updating has become much easier:
- It can also be done with Mac laptops as well as Android phones, instead of just Windows.
- No need to download the firmware file from Victron Professional, as VictronConnect already contains all the latest firmware versions. In this case that’s version 459.
- No need to update units one by one manually: VictronConnect will update all inverter/chargers sequentially without interruption. This video shows a three phase firmware update.
Other changes in VictronConnect 5.8
The other significant change is that you can now disable bluetooth for many devices; in case that’s wanted. This is possible for our SmartSolar chargers, the Phoenix Smart Charger, the Smart Battery Protect and the BMV Smart. This is a process: in a few months there will be a disable-bluetooth feature for all products, including the BlueSmart Battery Chargers.
For the rest of the changes, refer to the VictronConnect changelog.
To conclude, we’re very excited about this update; and currently the developers are working hard to add setting up and configuring parallel, split and three phase systems.
And later on the list is adding support for setting up ESS Systems.