New Victron Energy products & introductory offer
Yesterday was boat launch day here on the West Coast of Scotland, so it was time to fully recharge my Lithium electric (auxiliary) propulsion batteries from their winter storage phase, in readiness for the sailing season.
That’s all I had to do, bringing the cells up to 3.4V each to ensure cell balancing started and my string charge setting of 28.4V was reached quickly, using 1.1kW of charge – all checked and controlled using the VictronConnect app via the VRM console to my Color Control, whilst drinking coffee sitting in my armchair at home. You get the idea…
Indeed I was feeling quite smug at that, along with so little to do when I rolled up at the boatyard – compounded by watching the ‘dinosaur diesel’ boats faffing around with fuel, coolant, and oils. It didn’t take me long though to come down to earth as the latest Victron Energy product updates had just hit my mailbox. Time and tide wait for no man.
I thought I was bang up to date with my 2 x 200Ah, 12.8V LiFePO4 electric drive batteries and my 2 x 130Ah, 12V AGM house batteries. Not any more it seems – now there are 300Ah LiFePO4 ones in stock which even have Bluetooth Smart built in! Whilst there are many thousands of charge cycles left in my Lithiums, I’m not so sure about the AGMs as they regularly run higher loads for longer, with quite deep discharge using my MultiPlus inverter/charger for a kettle and electric grill. No need to worry on that score either it seems, as now there are AGM Super Cycle batteries in stock – perfect for deeper discharging when compared to conventional AGMs. I know what I’ll be using for house batteries when the time comes!
Upgrading your batteries?
In fact if you’re planning an AGM house battery upgrade now’s the time to take a look at these Super Cycle AGMs, as for a limited time there is an introductory offer. See E-Order and you will receive a 10% additional discount with respect to the Q2/2017 pricelist, or for end users talk to your Victron dealer for pricing.
Yesterday evening saw Elektra safely tucked up in her berth, so today as I blog aboard her (after the obligatory celebratory beer last night) I thought I’d list some more of the new Victron products on offer.
It’s now 7 weeks since my last update of new Victron products, so in case you missed that you can check out the blog – Hot Stuff: New Victron Energy products. In the intervening weeks here are the latest new products that have now come into stock. There are more in the pipeline but we don’t announce these until they are stocked.
- LiFePO4 Battery 12,8V/300Ah Smart
- LiFePO4 Battery 12,8V/200Ah Smart
- LiFePO4 Battery 12,8V/160Ah Smart
- LiFePO4 Battery 12,8V/90Ah Smart
- 12V/230Ah AGM Super Cycle Batt. (M8)
- 12V/100Ah AGM Super Cycle Batt. (M6)
- 12V/170Ah AGM Super Cycle Batt. (M8)
- 12V/165Ah AGM Deep Cycle Batt
- 12V/90Ah AGM Deep Cycle Batt. (M6)
- 6V/240Ah AGM Deep Cycle Batt
- 12V/165Ah Gel Deep Cycle Batt
- 12V/90Ah Gel Deep Cycle Batt
- Lynx Ion BMS 1000A
- Lynx Ion BMS 400A
- Blue Smart IP67 Charger 24/8(1) 230V CEE 7/7
- Blue Smart IP67 Charger 24/12(1) 230V CEE 7/7
- Blue Smart IP65 Charger 24/5(1) 230V AU/NZ Retail
- Blue Smart IP67 Charger 12/25(1) 230V CEE 7/7
- Blue Smart IP67 Charger 12/17(1) 230V CEE 7/7
- Phoenix Inverter 48/800 230V VE.Direct SCHUKO
- Phoenix Inverter 24/800 230V VE.Direct IEC
- Phoenix Inverter 24/800 120V VE.Direct NEMA 5-15R
- Phoenix Inverter 12/800 120V VE.Direct NEMA 5-15R
- Phoenix Inverter 12/800 230V VE.Direct IEC
- Energy Meter ET340 – 3 phase – max 65A/phase
As if all the above were not enough I also discovered the new more economic version of the Color Control GX – the Venus GX is soon to be available too. For now though I’m just delighted to be aboard Elektra after the winter – even if I’m back to old fashioned local CCGX button pushing!
More new products as the information becomes available – and as long as I have a 4G signal…