This is an old revision of the document!
There are two separate steps that need to be taken. First, you need to create a VRM user account. And after that the installation, needs to be paired with that user account. It is possible to pair one installation to multiple user accounts.
The system needs to have had a successful connection to the VRM Portal, before adding the installation to your user account on the VRM Portal.
Note: it is recommended, especially when working with SIM cards, to first configure and test the internet connection in your office, before installing it on location. It is not necessary to connect any equipment, such as a Multi or BMV battery monitor: applying power to a stand-alone Color Control or Victron Global Remote will do, as they also connect to the VRM Portal when there are no products connected.
1. Go to https://vrm.victronenergy.com
2. Click ‘Register for Free’:
3. Complete all the requested information:
4. You will now receive a confirmation email with a link to activate your account.
Account creation is now finished, click add installation to continue pairing a installation to this user account.
Note: make sure that the system has already started communicating with the VRM Portal. Or, in case it is an off-grid installation where a SDcard or USB-Stick is used, first upload the data file.
Adding an installation is only possible after the VRM Portal has received the first data transmission of your system.
Steps to add a installation:
1. Select the product you want to add.
2. Enter the IMEI or MAC Address number for one of the VGR, VER or CCGX products.
3. Click 'Add' and your device is now paired with your VRM user account.
In case you are the first user to add this installation to your account, you will automatically have Admin rights for this installation. Any subsequent users that add this installation to their account will become a normal user, that cannot change any settings. An Admin user can assign Admin rights to other users on the Settings page.
When a “Installation could not be found” error is shown, read the requirements above, and double check the internet connection of the system.
4. The first page will be as the screen below. If there is no data yet, please check the FAQ
5. Once more than one installation is linked to your VRM user account, you will see all of them on a map. When multiple installation are close together, they will be grouped into one balloon. The color of the balloon will be red when one or more installation grouped in that balloon has a problem.
In the Settings tab, only visible for installations at which you have admin rights, go through the following settings: