Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
Table of Contents
Updating VE.Bus firmware, using VEFlash
VEFlash is deprecated in favour of VictronConnect
Being both faster and easier to use, we now recommend to use VictronConnect for firmware updates. Instructions in the VictronConnect VE.Bus manual.
Use VEFlash only for (older) models not supported by VictronConnect.
Instructions for the old (deprecated) method
Warning: This operation must only be carried out by Victron-trained Engineers, Installers and Dealers, and must not be attempted by system Owners and Users.
Updating firmware on a VE.Bus product (Inverters, Multis and Quattros) has system-critical implications:
- All settings will be lost - Save your settings first!
- Assistants and parallel or three-phase configuration will be lost.
Setting up a VE.Bus system requires both training and experience. We offer no direct support for un-trained individuals carrying-out reconfiguration.
These instructions are for the VEFlash firmware update method, it is also possible to update VE.Bus firmware with VictronConnect, which is available for Windows, macOS, and Android.
- Updating a VE.bus product can be done using VEFlash.exe which you will find in VE Configure Tools, available for download on our software page.
- New firmware files are available from Victron Professional (a free account is required).
- To select the right file, check the firmware version which is in the product now. Look for a seven digit number (eg. 2654153) which you'll find printed on a sticker on the control board. The first four digits indicate the model, and must match the first four digits of the file you intend to upload.
- There are different firmware types available. Read our PDF VE.Bus firmware versions explained carefully to select the best firmware for your system. For recent products, use the latest 400 version.
- Always use the latest version of VEFlash. It will automatically check online for updates on startup
- When updating parallel or three-phase installation, update each unit separately
- After updating firmware, all settings will be reset to their factory defaults. The unit will be in stand-alone mode, and any Assistant settings will be removed.
- It is not required to keep your Victron equipment updated to the latest firmware version. Stable systems should be left with their current firmware. Firmware updates should only be done when it is recommended to fix an issue you are experiencing, or add a new feature that is required by the installation.
Step by step instructions
Follow the on screen steps.
Save the Firmware file in an easy to find folder.
Follow these steps carefully.
Once finished and OK is selected the Inverter/Charger will reset itself.
Note that all settings will be reset to defaults. Also that the unit will be reset to stand alone mode and any Assistant settings will be removed.